My most recent finished abstract painting, completed today. I have used Daler Rowney System 3 Heavy Body paints: Process Black, Cadmium Yellow, Ultramarine, Coeruleum, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Red, Burnt Umber and System 3 Titanium White. I used a small amount of Reeves Gold Acrylic paint for the detail work. I applied the paint using a selection of palette knives, mostly paddle or angle large ones and a pear-shaped small one for scrapping/removing paint, and flat brushes 24, 16, 10, 8. The deep-edge sides of the canvas have been painted as part of the composition.
This painting is part of my abstract development for 2017. It forms part of the SWOT analysis project I started late in 2015. The SWOT project started as a small activity to encourage colour experimentation as well as self-exploration. Little did I know that several months later it would take on a life of its own. In many ways the SWOT project has become the major focus for my abstract development. The first few paintings are perhaps more like studies for the end products, although they do stand alone as completed works in their own right.
I welcome comments and critique.